According to the modern calendar, the last day of the year, that is, December 31, is marked as New Year’s Eve. It is celebrated with pomp and show in almost all the world.
Social gatherings and parties fill the air with joy as the world prepares to let old people out and welcome new ones.
In some places, there are rituals specific to the region that go hand in hand when celebrating the coming of the New Year.
The celebrations generally continue past midnight, since on January 1 it is received with splendor.
The 10 best ideas to celebrate New Year’s Eve 2019
Enter the New Year in style with the following ideas:
1) Give your Wanderlust indulgence: take advantage of the slow business season by making the trip you were planning for a while. Be sure to make prior reservations to accommodate even in the rush.
2) Link with family and friends: Celebrate the advent of the New Year by giving time to your family and friends, a rarity in today’s fast-paced life.
3) Navigate to Wonderland: taking a cruise is a romantic way to celebrate, as the cruise ships organize luxury parties to celebrate the occasion.
4) Let yourself dry: the holiday had this New Year’s Eve 2019 to the content of your heart. Make sure you have a designated driver.
5) Raise your feet for a romantic and cozy night at home: is not the crazy fever your style? Cozy at home for a serene night.
6) Celebrate with Champagne and Chocolates: Nothing shouts ‘celebration’ more than champagne. Combine it with chocolates for maximum indulgence.
7) Go Clubbing: Jump into the city for an exciting night.
8) Relax and rejuvenate in a spa or salon: treat yourself to a treat that pays off when relaxing in a spa or salon.
9) Brightness with fireworks: illuminates the sky with festive fireworks for a visual spectacle.
10) Turn on the time machine: take some time to remember the good memories of the year that begins as you prepare to start the new year.
New Year’s Eve is only presented once every 365 days. Plan ahead and make it special since the clock is midnight.
Things to do on New Year’s Eve 2019
1) Sing to the content of your heart: Give a melodious welcome to the New Year by singing your favorite number in the company of your friends and family. Do not forget to include the traditional “Auld Lang Syne” in your mix.
2) Watch the movie “New Year’s Eve”: enjoy the New Year’s spirit sweetly by watching the romantic comedy of several protagonists “New Year’s Eve” set in the celebrations of New Year’s Eve in New York. Although the film was not highly acclaimed by critics or the public in general, the film will surely make your lips smile.
3) Pray for a wonderful New Year: the New Years are essentially time to say goodbye to the old and turn a new page. Pray for hope and positivity in the coming months.
4) Plan your New Year’s Resolutions: When we talk about changing a new page, how can we forget the New Year’s resolutions and all the promises we make to each other and to ourselves as we approach January 1? Make sure you make practical feasible resolutions this New Year.
5) Express your love: the best way to start the New Year is by proposing your love and beginning a new journey in life.
6) Dance until you fall: New Year’s parties are incomplete without dancing. You do not need to be a professional. Simply absorb the joy and keep your feet moving.
7) Party Hard: parties are an integral part of New Year’s celebrations: it’s about “eating, drinking and being happy”.
The 5 best cities for the celebration of New Year’s Eve 2019
Do you want to know which cities belong to the crme ala crme list for special New Year celebrations? Keep reading.
1) Las Vegas, USA: The perennial festival of the city is filled especially for the New Year’s party with special shows, concerts, fabulous fireworks, light and sound show, special buffet meals, like millions of “strip” to see the confetti and join to the huge wine toast.
2) London, United Kingdom: just as Big Ben marks midnight, the London sky is flooded with mind-blowing fireworks that are launched from the London Eye. The incredible show lasts fifteen full minutes. Restaurants and bars join the party by welcoming guests after midnight.
3) Tokyo, Japan: if you can not wait until New Year’s Eve to start the celebrations, Tokyo is your place to be as the city begins to celebrate the arrival of the New Year with fireworks, food, drinks and fun from the December 29. continues until January 4. Although most of the tourist sites are closed during the period, the Imperial Palace is open to the public on January 1.
4) Venice, Italy: Venice conjures youth and romance. And the city emphasizes them when they organize New Year’s parties. The whole city is adorned with lights and the fireworks add glamor. Special parties would take care of your desire to taste Tuscan cuisine.
5) Goa, India: If the wild parties outdoors along with the sand and the sea, the free flow of fizzes, the large amount of exotic seafood summarize your idea of New Year’s celebrations, Goa is your place to be. Make sure to try a fenny glass, which is a regional brew made with guava, coconut or cashew nuts.
Finally, the celebration is completed with loved ones around us. Then your best party is maybe around the corner where your loved ones are.
What to wear on New Year’s Eve:
Selecting a special party dress is a pleasant dilemma that most of us like to please. They say that comfort is the new buzzword. But keep in mind that selecting your outfit depends entirely on the type of event you are booked for.
Go bold, bright, seductive and exotic: strong colors are always welcome at New Year’s parties. Red is the color of end-of-season festivities. But you could also look like a celebrity with cast metallics. For a discreet elegance, you can never go wrong with black.
Even if you feel more comfortable with casuals, remember that broken jeans and flip flops can restrict your tickets to parties and restaurants that comply with specific dress codes. You do not want to go overboard either to avoid being the stranger. The subtle sophistication will take you places and even attract attention. And if you plan to dance, be sure to wear comfortable shoes to avoid blisters and pains later.
For a day out, nothing oozes femininity other than a sun dress or a flowing skirt for women. For more formal events, avoid the dress and opt for a Bollywood style glam in hiss saris, even Hollywood takes it for ceremonial evenings. A bright clutch or an attractive hair accessory or elegantly selected elegant jewelry would complete the package. For businessmen, occasional businesses would make a firm statement almost anywhere, unless they attend a label event that requires absolute formalities.
We all want to surprise with our dress and stun our friends with accessories. The trick is to set your mood to then continue from there and create the perfect outfit to stop you.
New Year’s Eve 2019 Across the World
It is very interesting to observe how New Year’s Eve is celebrated throughout the world in different ways, and each human soul waits next year with only one hope that it will be better than the one that just passed. You can review the list below to get a brief idea of how people from different cultures and backgrounds welcome the New Year:
India: The Indians celebrate New Year’s Eve nothing less than Diwali. The nightclubs are filled with young people in Delhi, Bangalore, Mumbai and Pune. Most people like to celebrate and welcome the New Year brand with their family and friends. You can also find some live concerts or special performances of celebrities in almost all parts of the country.
United States: Perhaps the greatest celebration of New Year’s Eve is visible in this part of the world with the main highlights, such as the legendary giant ball that falls in Time Square of New York City. Every year, almost millions of people visit the place to be part of the big event. The spectators also meet on the eve of Dick Clarke, while you can participate in the various street parties that are organized in almost all major cities. Fireworks displays are common visual treats you’ll find everywhere as the clock strikes midnight and you’ll enjoy every part of the spectacular event.
Australia: Australians celebrate New Year’s Eve with fireworks everywhere, the biggest being in Sydney Harbor, which is witnessed by millions of people from all over the world. The fireworks are thrown from a considerable height for an amazing screen that extends for more than 5 kilometers. In Brisbane, thousands of people gather to watch similar images of fireworks around the river and so on in Melbourne.
Spain: New Year’s Eve: there is a reason for a family reunion and it is celebrated with delicious dishes and vintage wines. They usually eat 12 grapes at each toll of the clock because they believe that this brings good luck in the next 12 months.
Canada: Canada celebrations for New Year’s Eve vary from place to place. If you are in Toronto, you will have fun with live music shows, however, in Quebec, people drink new drinks and ice fishing when the New Year arrives. Rurals of Newfoundland welcomes the New Year brand with firearms.
France: The celebrations of the French New Year or Saint-Silvestre continue until January 6. They love spending their days with their family and toasting with champagne when the clock strikes 12! Some of them come to the dance halls with their loved ones and some believe in giving to others for good luck.
Brazil: You can be a spectator of some wonderful fireworks if you’re in Brazil during New Year’s Eve. Rio de Janerio is the place to be and will also entertain you with live music shows on Copacabana beach, as the calendar year changes.
Philippines: family parties are common during New Year’s Eve here, where everything, including food, clothing or decorations, is round in shape as they believe that circles bring more money and prosperity. Making noise during the arrival of the New Year to ward off evil, or throwing coins at the clock, or pans full of coins are some common ways of celebrating the great occasion.
Denmark: The Danes celebrate the New Year with food and champagne sitting in the midst of their family and friends. They also show massive fireworks when the clock strikes 12 in the city hall of Copenhagen, which is a visual delight for everyone present at that time.
Indonesia: They celebrate New Year’s Eve with fireworks and music shows in public and also add quality time with their family members with good food and drinks.
Germany: German New Year or Wild is more vibrant in Berlin. Some like to see the famous program known as Dinner for One, you can be part of those 1,000,000 people who enjoy the festivities organized at the Brandenburg Gate and will always remember greatness.
Japan: Japanese people like to celebrate New Year’s Eve in a different way by playing 108 bells that represent one element each. All Japanese houses are washed and cleaned well before the New Year arrives.
Hong Kong: This city is the “New York” of the east, where you see the fall of a similar giant ball and the shopping center with the same name as soon as the clock shows midnight. Interestingly, this celebration is limited to fewer places because; the Chinese Lunar New Year does not coincide with the Gregorian calendar.
The Netherlands: the people here celebrate the arrival of the New Year with their family reading the Bible at midnight and enjoying every bite of the delicious dinner and drink prepared for the occasion. Traditional food is served in apple fritters and oil dumplings. Some people arrange fireworks display for themselves.
Scotland: cannons are fired from Edinburgh Castle and that means the passage of the old year and the arrival of the new one. This celebration of New Year or Hogmanay is well celebrated through some of the most important street parties in cities such as Glasgow, which is still inhabited by spectators from all over the world. No celebration for the New Year is complete without fireworks and it is known that Scottish spends thousands of pounds for visual delight.
Turkiye: They decorate their houses with beautifully worked and decorative tress. Family dinners, followed by exchanges of gifts are common, but they also help poor children on New Year’s Eve, as they believe that God will bless them for this gesture. Private parties and on the street followed by beautiful laser shows and fireworks are visible in abundance.
Then, the procedures may be different, but the spirit of saying goodbye to the old and greeting the new ones remains intact anywhere in the world on New Year’s Eve. Everyone, regardless of their culture and tradition, prays to the Almighty for a healthy, happy and prosperous life in the coming new year.